Job Alerts Disclaimer: The IEEE Houston Section is posting these Job Alerts as a courtesy. We take no additional rights, privileges, responsibilities, or actions for this published information. We encourage all applicants to do their due diligence when sharing personal information.
POSITION: EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER Full Time – Houston, TX
ARIX Technologies is a robotics startup based in Houston, Texas looking for a new teammate experienced in embedded systems/control systems. Founded by a former ExxonMobil engineer to address a major unsolved industry need, we’re a team of mechatronics engineers seeking to bring IoT and automation into the oil & gas (and eventually water, utilities, and transportation) industries through robotics and data analytics. We’re developing an autonomous pipe-crawling inspection robot and a big data visualization software and looking for someone who wants to have a direct and immediate impact in a growing company (you’d help lead the control systems/embedded systems going forward and will have significant decision-making power). We’re venture-backed by corporate, university, and financial VCs and currently prototyping and field testing in preparation for first sales in 2019. Both salary and equity are offered. Please contact email@example.com if interested.
Who We Are
ARIX Technologies is a venture-backed robotics startup based in Houston, TX. Founded by a former ExxonMobil engineer to solve a major unaddressed industry need, we seek to bring IoT into the oil & gas industry through robots and data analytics. We’re developing an autonomous pipecrawling inspection robot and a big data management and visualization software that can help improve safety and efficiency. Long term, we see this technology applicable to other industries as well, including water, utilities, and transportation. We’re currently prototyping and field testing in preparation for first sales in 2019.
Who You Are
We’re a team of mechatronics engineers looking for a new partner who is a team player, loves creating things, and is deeply interested in electronics. You should enjoy getting your hands dirty, are comfortable in a dynamic work environment, and have fun solving problems that haven’t yet been solved. You should be someone who makes decisions based on a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge, but curious enough to tinker and devise new solutions to problems. You should not be afraid to take ownership in your part of the robot and should feel proud of being an integral player leading the embedded systems design. And most of all, you should be excited to be part of a fun and growing company making a difference solving a major real-world problem.
What You Bring
We require the following qualifications:
- Curiosity, resilience, and drive
- Experience in robotics and/or control systems/embedded systems
We encourage the following qualifications:
- BS degree or higher in electrical engineering or related field
- Experienced in digital and analog circuit design
- Experienced in power electronics (motors, controllers, batteries)
- Experienced in writing code for embedded systems • Experienced with common communications protocols (Serial, I2C, SSI, SPI, CAN)
- Strong programming skills (C, Python, MATLAB)
- Hands-on experience in fast-paced product prototyping, testing, and debugging
- Knowledge of PCB design
- Experienced in path planning
- Experienced in wireless systems (LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS) Experienced in supporting electronics manufacturing
What We Offer
- A fun and exciting work environment where you can have a direct & immediate impact
- Salary & equity in a growing company