Job Alert Disclaimer: The IEEE Houston Section is posting the Job Alert as a courtesy. We take no additional rights, privileges, responsibilities, or actions for this published information. We encourage all applicants to do their due diligence when sharing personal information.
Job Title: Microwave System Design Engineer/Project Leader
Reports To: Engineering VP
Department: Research and Development
Prepared By: Human Resources
Agar Corporation is a leading pioneer of non-nuclear, versatile, multi-phase flow meters used to optimize oil well testing and production with locations around the world. Agar Corporation provides environmentally safe and innovative solutions for a number of applications for the Oil & Gas industry.
Our firm is seeking an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Microwave Systems Design Engineer to design a new generation of products from inception to production, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations. The Microwave Systems Design Engineer will work in a multidisciplinary team across a variety of functional groups. The ideal candidate is an inventive and resourceful problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties:
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties are:
- Design system architecture
- Perform regular design reviews
- Perform detailed calculations to support design choices and establish specifications
- Design test fixtures, develop qualification test plans, and perform tests at the component, sub-assembly, and final-assembly levels
- Support manufacturing department with product development and testing
- Interact with sub-contractors
- Produce R&D prototype, pre-production, and final product
- Deliver all documentation
- Manage all certifications related to the product
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of proven experience in Microwave electronics system engineering and project lifecycle management
- bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Expertise in Microwave circuit design with insolation of 120dB, electrical microwave packaging, digital and analog circuit design, and microprocessor to microwave PLL and integration
- Expertise in circuit board manufacturing microwave, digital and analog PCBs with impedance controlled traces
- Strong understanding of machining, casting, environmental coatings, and encapsulation
- Competency is the use of MS Office Tools, C/C++, Linux, ARM Processors (i.MX6 a plus), ARM Microcontrollers and 8051 familiarity also a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
Good English, Chinese can be a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Often requires climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting.
Point of Contact: