The Saint Louis Section has been in existence for over 100 years as part of IEEE. The section encompasses a large territory stretching from Hannibal, MO, to Carbondale, IL, to the Missouri boot heel, to Rolla, to Columbia-and a small stretch along I-70 to the Indiana border. We have over 2000 IEEE members in the Section. The Section has a number of Chapters and Student Branches available to select from on the left vertical navigation menu. These entities have periodic meetings representing both governance and technical activities.
Within the boundaries of the Section, there are a number of major industries like Boeing, AT&T, and Ameren UE that support IEEE. Likewise, many of the members come from small business, government institutions and academia.
The major Educational Institutions include:
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Rolla)
University of Missouri – Columbia
St. Louis University – Parks College
Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville
Moreover to Technical and Leadership activities, members have been active with other aspects of IEEE, such as IEEE conferences, the Annual Missouri Conference that provides valuable Continuing Educaiton Units (CEU) for Professional Engineers, activity with the Region and IEEE-USA and the Summer and Christmas time Socials that are available for members and their families to enjoy.
Become a Member
When you join IEEE, you:
* Join a community of more than 400,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
* Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
* Get involved in standards development
* Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
* Mentor the next generation of engineers and technologists
and so much more.
Join now and gain immediate access to all the valuable benefits and features of IEEE membership.
Enhance your IEEE membership by joining a Society specializing in your technical interests, for as little as US$10 per year.