Senior Member plaque: An engraved plaque you can proudly display to colleagues, clients, and employers. The plaque, an attractive fine wood with bronze engraving, is sent approximately eight weeks after elevation.
The IEEE Houston Section would like to encourage our members to apply for Senior Membership. Senior member is the highest grade for which IEEE members can apply. IEEE members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior Member grade. There is NO COST to apply for Senior Member grade. Apply Now
Eligibility requirements are:
- Be an IEEE member.
- Have been in professional practice for at least ten years (with some credit for certain degrees)
- Show significant performance over a period of at least five in your professional practice
Benefits of Senior membership:
- Recognition: The professional recognition of your peers for technical and professional excellence.
- Leadership eligibility: Senior members are eligible to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
- Ability to refer other candidates: Senior members can serve as a reference for other applicants for Senior membership.
- Letter of commendation: A letter of commendation on the achievement of Senior member grade will be sent to your employer (upon request).
- Announcements: Announcement of your elevation can be made in section/society and/or LinkedIn, local newsletters, newspapers, and notices.
One of our newest Houston Section Senior Members, Fabian Pineda, has this to say about his experience obtaining his Senior Membership elevation:
“In addition to tangibles like a plaque or a letter of commendation, it can be read in all places in which benefits of the Senior Membership are listed: recognition. For me, recognition is the most important benefit of the elevation to Senior. The respect and consideration of my professional contribution boosted the moment people in my work environment knew I was elevated, and that is the most rewarding benefit. I highly recommend pursuing this membership grade. – Fabian Pineda Monsalve, P.E.
Houston Section Senior Members are willing to help with the nomination process. A complete list of Houston Section Senior Members can be seen here, or feel free to contact Vincent Palughi for further assistance.
Article by Vincent Palughi Houston Section Newsletter Staff
Join a community of over 420,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate. Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology, get involved in standards development, network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest, and mentor the next generation of engineers and technologists.
IEEE HOU Sec. has been in existence for more than 90 years serving the greater metro Houston Area. We serves more than 4,000 higher grade members and over 300 student members living and working throughout the greater Metro Houston area. The Houston Section is one of 26 sections in Region 5 with 15 Society Chapters and Affinity Groups and 5 Student Branch Chapters. The Section provides planning and funding support to assure Chapters have vibrant programs to support members’ careers and meet the IEEE mission of Advancing Technology for Humanity.