Congrats to IEEE HOU Sec YP Chair Moriah Hargrove Anders and IEEE HOU Sec Vice Chair CB Sanderson for successfully graduating from the 2017 IEEE Volunteer Leadership Training Program (VoLT).
Moriah Hargrove-Anders is currently the IEEE HOU Sec Young Professionals Chair. She has been an active member of IEEE for a number of years even before graduating from the University of Houston. She has held a number of different roles at the UH IEEE Student Branch level. She always found a way to balance, classes, work, and IEEE Student Branch and ExCom activities. Come out a be a part of the IEEE Young Professional community.
CB Sanderson is a Senior Member and currently the IEEE HOU Sec Vice-Chair and R5 South Area Chair. He has held a number of different positions with in the section, including Awards & Arrangements Chair, Secretary, and Webmaster. Christopher is an active voice within the IEEE community encouraging others to Join, Learn, and Grow .
VoLT is targeted to volunteers who have a true desire to learn about the broader IEEE and are considering taking leadership positions within their local units and future IEEE committee roles. Those who have 2+ years of experience volunteering in their local units and have not held a Section Chair position are highly encouraged to participate.
The MGA Volunteer Leadership Training Program (VoLT) has three main goals:
- a) accelerate volunteers’ knowledge of the IEEE organization, products & services, and resources available to them;
- b) help volunteers understand their role within their local units and within the larger IEEE and
- c) create a succession tool that develops and prepares future IEEE volunteer leaders.
The program has two tracks:
- Track 1 covers an introduction to each organizational unit of the IEEE and is available to all IEEE volunteers. Track 1 runs each year around May and June. Volunteers who complete Track 1 within the pre-defined period and by the deadline provided each year may apply for consideration for Track 2.
- Track 2 starts around September each year and lasts three months. It consists of live weekly webinars on leadership related topics. During Track 2 participants work on a project assignment. Volunteers who have at least 2 years of volunteer experience within their local units and have not been a Section Chair are highly encouraged to participate in the VoLT Program.
VoLT 2018 DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AROUND April-May 2018
Article written by Newsletter Chairperson: Payal Majumdar Let us know if you would like to be part of the newsletter team capturing events and sharing our stories.
- IEEE Houston Section: sites.ieee.org/Houston
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/IEEEHouston
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/IEEEHouston
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups/4998372