The affairs of Region 5 are managed by the Region 5 Committee. This committee consists of the thirty-one (31) voting members designated by the Institute Bylaws and eight (8) voting members appointed by the Regional Director. The voting members include:
- Regional Director
- Vice Chairperson/Director Elect
- Immediate Past Region 5 Director
- Chairperson, Professional Activities Committee
- Chairperson, Student Activities Committee
- All Section Chairpersons in Region 5
- Area Chairpersons
- Chairperson, Educational Activities Committee
- Chairperson, Membership Development Committee
- Chairperson, Awards and Recognition Committee
- Chairperson, Conference Committee
The Executive Committee consists of all Region Committee members except the section chairmen. In addition to the voting members, there are several non-voting members who serve on the Region Committee, are appointed by the Region Director, and serve in various committee leadership positions. The Region Director Elect and Section Chairs are the only elective positions, all others are appointed. The Regional Director serves a two-year term. Please consult the current Bylaws for details on the particular structure of the Region Committee.
Job Descriptions of the Region Committee members are in this pdf document.